Why is it in the news?
- Unveiled in Gurugram (Haryana), the Aarogya Maitri Aid Cube is the world’s first portable hospital.
- Designed as a modular trauma management and aid system for rapid deployment in Mass Casualty Incidents, whether in peace or wartime scenarios.
More about the news
- Comprises 72 detachable mini-cubes, each serving as a specialized station for emergency response and humanitarian efforts.
- The modular structure allows flexibility and adaptability in different scenarios.
- The cubes are lightweight and portable, facilitating rapid deployment through various means, including airdrops and ground transportation.
- The Aarogya Maitri Aid Cube has the capability to treat up to 200 patients, making it a comprehensive and scalable solution for medical emergencies.
- The portable hospital is indigenously designed under Project ‘BHISHM’ (Bharat Health Initiative for Sahyog, Hita, and Maitri).