Why is it in the news?
- Around 1,300 tabla players performed during Tansen Samaroh and entered the Guinness World Records for achieving the “largest tabla ensemble.”
About Tansen Samaroh
- Celebrated annually in December in the Gwalior district of Madhya Pradesh.
- A 4-day musical extravaganza.
- Artists from all over India are invited to deliver vocal and instrumental performances.
- The event pays tribute to the Great Indian Musical Maestro Tansen.
· Considered one of the great exponents of the North Indian system of music.
· One of the nine gems of the court of Mughal emperor Akbar.
· Received patronage under Mohammad Shah Adil of the Suri dynasty and Ramchandra Vaghela of Reevan.
· Credited for introducing famous ragas such as Miyan ki Malhar, Miyan ki Todi, and Darbari.