Why is it in the news?
- Rejupave technology employed for constructing high-altitude bituminous roads along the Indo-China border in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Developed as a liquid bio-based asphalt modifier cum rejuvenating agent.
- Collaborative effort between CSIR-Central Road Research Institute and Verma Industries.
- Formulated as a bio-based product using 100% bio oil.
- Aims to be environmentally sustainable and reduce the ecological footprint.
- Addresses construction challenges under low and sub-zero temperature conditions.
- Eliminates issues of increasing road levels caused by overlay.
- Enables recycling of aggregates and bitumen, contributing to natural resource conservation.