Why is it in the news?
- Co-launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Prime Minister of Sweden at COP-28 in Dubai.
- Represents a collaborative effort for a sustainable and low-carbon industry transition.
More about the news
- LeadIT was initiated at the UN Climate Action Summit in 2019.
- Launched by the governments of Sweden and India, supported by the World Economic Forum.
- LeadIT aims to facilitate the transition of energy-intensive industries towards low-carbon pathways.
- Focuses on achieving net-zero carbon emissions.
LeadIT 2.0 Focus Areas
- Aims for an industry transition that is inclusive and just.
- Focuses on collaborative development and transfer of low-carbon technologies.
- Provides financial support to emerging economies to facilitate their transition in the industry sector.