Why is it in the news?
- The New Delhi Declaration has been adopted at the Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence (GPAI) Summit hosted by India at Bharat Mandapam, New Delhi.
|Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence (GPAI)
· GPAI is a multi-stakeholder effort dedicated to steering the responsible development and application of artificial intelligence.
· Comprises 29 member countries.
· India is designated as the lead chair for 2024.
Key Highlights of the New Delhi Declaration
- Emphasis on ensuring transparency, accountability, fairness, and non-discrimination in AI systems.
- Advocates for a global framework rooted in democratic values and human rights.
- Aims to safeguard dignity, well-being, and personal data protection.
- Focus on ensuring equitable access to the benefits of AI for all countries and people.
- Commitment to work on concerns related to AI, including Unemployment; Lack of transparency and fairness in AI systems; Protection of intellectual property and personal data; Mitigating threats to human rights and democratic values.
- GPAI will pursue a diverse membership.
- Particular focus on low and middle-income countries to ensure a broad range of expertise, national and regional views, and shared experiences.
- The declaration recognizes India’s significant contribution in integrating agriculture into the AI agenda.