Why is it in the news?
- Recently, the Union Cabinet has approved the establishment of an autonomous body called Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat).
More about the news
- MY Bharat will benefit youth in the age group of 15-29 years, as per the definition of ‘Youth’ in the National Youth Policy.
- For program components focused on adolescents, beneficiaries will be in the age group of 10-19 years.
- The mandate of MY Bharat is to serve as an overarching enabling mechanism powered by technology for youth development and youth-led development.
- It aims to provide equitable access to youth to realize their aspirations and contribute to the development of Viksit Bharat (Developed India) across various government segments.
- MY Bharat will engage youth and empower them through a ‘whole of government approach,’ involving support from all segments of the government.
- The platform is needed to harness the energy of youth in a rapidly changing world with high-velocity communications, social media, digital opportunities, and emergent technologies.
- It seeks to use youth energy for nation-building.
- The expected impacts include youth becoming community change agents and nation builders, improving leadership skills through experiential learning, and making youth active drivers of development.
- The focus on youth-led development aims to align youth aspirations with community needs.
- MY Bharat will enhance efficiency through the convergence of existing programs and serve as a one-stop shop for young people and Ministries.