Why is it in the news?
- It was announced during the event “India-UN for the Global South-Delivering for Development”.
More about the news
- Launched to share India’s best practices with partner countries in the Global South.
- Operationalizes development-related deliverables from India’s G20 Presidency, including the G20 Action Plan for accelerating progress on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and technological transformation.
- Aims to strengthen South-South Cooperation and accelerate progress toward achieving the SDGs.
- Represents a continuation of India’s successful G20 Presidency, which focused on including the voices of the Global South and brought the African Union into the G20.
- Focuses on sharing India’s development experiences, best practices, and expertise through capacity-building and training programs.
- Collaboration with the UN India team and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to leverage India’s Technical and Economic Cooperation platform for global dissemination of development experiences and best practices.
· Established in 1945.
· Comprises 193 Member States.
· Guided by purposes and principles outlined in its founding Charter.
· Committed to maintaining international peace and security.
· Devoted to protecting human rights.
· Engaged in delivering humanitarian aid.
· Dedicated to promoting sustainable development.
· Upholds international law.