Why is it in the news?
- The government is exploring the potential of D2M (Direct to Mobile) technology for its innovative applications and advancements.
More about the news
- D2M (Direct-to-Mobile) technology explores the convergence of broadband and broadcast, allowing mobile phones to receive terrestrial digital TV signals.
- Similar to FM radio, D2M technology involves a receiver within the mobile device that can tap into different radio frequencies.
- D2M technology enhances the reliability of communication during emergencies by eliminating the reliance on internet or cellular networks.
- Ensures that critical information reaches users even in situations where traditional communication channels may be compromised.
- Enables authorities to reach a large population directly and quickly.
- Disaster Management audio content is delivered in a targeted manner, ensuring that relevant information reaches specific areas or communities.