Why is it in the news?
- Recently, the Prime Minister has launched 511 Pramod Mahajan Grameen Kaushalya Vikas Kendra’s in Maharashtra.
More about the news
- Focus on skill development training.
- Provide employment opportunities to rural youth.
- Volume: Each Kendra to train approximately 100 youths.
- Courses Offered: A minimum of two vocational courses per Kendra.
- Training Facilitators: Led by industry partners and agencies affiliated with the National Skill Development Council.
- Drive towards enhancing the region’s progression.
- Produce a competent and skilled workforce to meet industry demands.