Why is it in the news?
- P2E has successfully equipped and certified more than one million young individuals in India.
More about the news
- P2E is UNICEF’s initiative designed to provide young people in India with essential skills and certification. These certifications cover areas like financial literacy and digital productivity.
- The P2E program is aligned with India’s National Education Policy (NEP) of 2020, which emphasizes the importance of skill development.
- The initiative offers free access to a range of certificate courses, including digital productivity, financial literacy, employability skills, and other job-ready skills that are in demand.
- Impressively, 62% of the beneficiaries of P2E courses in India are adolescent girls and young women, reflecting a commitment to gender inclusion and empowerment.
- P2E aims to provide sustainable skills training to five million youth in India aged 14-29 by 2024. The objective is to connect them with employment and entrepreneurship opportunities, contributing significantly to the nation’s educational and economic growth.